Friday, November 14, 2008

Fat Ticker Friday - 11/14/08

Well, what a disappointing week. This week I have to report a 2 pound weight gain. It's time for this weight loss roller coaster to head down hill before coming to an end. I really thought I was doing good this week. I had bought veggies and fruit from the store last weekend and ate it. I stayed away from sweets. I worked out 3 times for a half an hour each. Tuesday night, I walked on the treadmill for 62 minutes while watching 'The Biggest Loser'. I made a deal with myself that I could only watch the second half of the show if I worked out during the first half. Done deal!

So, what's in store for this week? Well, I'm really going to focus on my eating and workouts...more than I have been. There's not much more than that I can do. We'll see what the results are next week.

On Monday, Christie O. had posted her vows. So, I'm going to post mine (might be the only vows I say for a while).

-For the next 4 weeks, I will eat clean and avoid candy bars.
-Every time I want to sluff off a workout and/or a run, or I want to spontaneously stuff a donut in my piehole, I will think of this group and how it has pushed me to lose 8 pounds already in the challenge and how we have lost 400 pounds as a group. I will think of how I want to stay true to myself and make myself a priority (for once – hear that kids?!?!). I will think about how I am only a stone's throw away from the healthiest me I can be.
-I will make healthy meals and surround myself with healthy choices. That includes Thanksgiving dinners that we will attend!
-I will enjoy treats but only ones that I have planned in advance and in moderation, i.e. small slice of pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving given that I eat my veggies first, etc….
-I will do my Couch to 5K three times a week and work out an additional three.
-Above all, I will not comfort and/or reward myself in food. (No saying things like, "I deserve this." Because what I deserve is a healthy thinner happier me. That stuff can wait.)
-I will not lie in bed until it’s time to jump in the car to drop the kids off at preschool/school. I will get up and workout at least 3 mornings.

To see how everyone else is doing, visit Baby Tea Leaves' Fat Ticker Friday.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm up this week too! Ugh! We will do better next week!

Christie O. said...

that's ok!!! it sounds like you have a great reward system set up for yourself!! Cheers to a great week for us!!