Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday: Beauty Cabinet and Hair!


This week I tackled my beauty cabinet as my kids like to call it and getting my hair cut! I couldn't tell you the last time I had been though my cabinet. Since I knew I was headed to the salon, I wanted to make sure that I had the products that I might need for my new-do (which I did). I filled up a trash bag of stuff and passed along a bunch of new hair products and jewelry to my nieces.

This is the before picture (or halfway shot - I had already cleaned most of the top and third shelf).



This is the after picture. I can't believe how many rubber headbands and hair clips I have! I know where everything is now. I even found stuff I forgot that I had...all kinds of jewelry.



This is the before picture of my hair. It's a bad picture but I tried several times to take it. The ends look pretty thinned out but they really aren't...it was me rushing to get in front of the camera (don't trust the kiddos with the camera after them dropping my old one).



This is the after...still not a good picture but you get the point. I got 6-7 inches cut off. I love it! It's a little shorter than I wanted but it's actually working out perfect. I thought I would miss being able to pull my hair up in the morning - not at all.



This is what it looks like from the front...a little darker (for now).



To see what other's are tackling, visit Tackle It Tuesday @ 5 Minutes for Mom.

3 comments:

Paula @ Organizing Tips For Moms said...

Isn't it amazing how bathroom cabinets can fill up?! I find that this is a spot that needs lots of attention. Esp since my husband seems to think he must bring home hotel soaps and shampoos.

One thing that works for me is to use open containers to store like items together (like all those hotel products). I see you do have some basket, just keep doing that with other stuff. You could put all your nail stuff together, all your hair product together, etc. I find that it keeps like items together and makes finding what I need easy and stuff doesn' get knocked down as much when I reaching for somthing in the back.

Cute hair! Glad I found your blog.

mom_of2boys said...

They do seem to fill up fast...that's why this is in my bedroom - LOL.

I've found placing the smaller stuff in baskets really helps. I really could probably clear out more of the stuff but getting rid of the amount I did was kind of hard.

Kandi said...

LOVE the new haircut! Your hair always holds a style so well!