We did go to the butcher to get some filet mignon for our Steakhouse Steaks. The dinner was REALLY good. My fiancee did a great job on dinner! We also had Sauteed Wild Mushrooms & Cornmeal - Fried Onion Rings. While we were at the butcher, we noticed that they had a special on half of beef and half of pork. We really didn't check out the cuts on Saturday since they were so busy. I'm going to head back up there on Tuesday to get more information. We still have most of our pork but I'd be interested in getting a half of beef, if it's got the right cuts (cuts that we will actually eat). It would probably last us a few months or longer.
Here's my menu plan:
1. Slow Cooked Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Carrots
3. Cheesy Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, corn
4. Hot Sausages, Peppers & Onion Hoagies (kids - hot dogs)
5. Chicken & Dumplings (made the base to this last week when I thawed the chicken)
6. Hashbrown Chicken Casserole (using chicken from last week)
7. Upside-Down Pizza
To see more menu plans, visit I'm an Organized Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.