Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Job Search Continues

I thought I would post an update to my job search. I have not really found much. I've applied a few place but nothing has turned up yet. I'm still looking though. I won't give up even with record number of companies shutting down and laying off! However, I plan to head back to school in the Spring, if employment isn't found before March 1st. I'm excited! I'll be able to spend the summer in the pool and not have to worry about child care. The only problem I do have is what do I want to do?!?!

I've narrowed it down to

1 - Nursing
(LPN) - I'll continue to RN whether they pay for it or I do.
2 - Medical Assisting

3 - Software Development
4 - Medical Coding, Billing and Transcription


I don't have all the choices as a normal student. It has to be an approved course. It also has to be an approved school and can't be more than a 2 year program. There are things about each that I like and dislike.

I thought I would ask my readers for input. Are you currently working in any of the fields mentioned? If so, what do you like most about your job? If not or even if you are working in one of those fields, which would you choose if you could (that is if paying for it and finding the time wasn't an issue)?

2 comments:

Kandi said...

Belyn is doing a 2 year nursing program. She really likes it and is about 1/2 way through. She lost her job at NCR due to downsizing and decided to go back to school. I'll ask her where she is going if you want me to.

mom_of2boys said...

Yeah, if you talk to her. Let me know. A girl that got laid off the same I did is attending Hondros. I'm thinking about just going to the Career Center to get it done and over with and not have to worry about waiting lists.