Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Weighing In #18

It’s weigh-in day. I haven’t weighed in for 2 weeks and most of the 2 weeks was spent on vacation. Want to know how it went? Not as bad as expected. I only gained 2 pounds! I’m not usually thrilled about weigh-ins but this one – I am! For the things I ate, I should have gained at least 10 pounds! I am really going to get focused to drop these two pounds this week.

Why the gain? Let’s just say that I didn’t count points and really watch what I ate. I did start e morning with my Fiber One Strawberry yogurt and Kashi Granola but no Tim Horton’s Iced Cappucino. There were two mornings that I COMPLETELY failed!! One morning I had a Starbuck’s Grande Mint Mocha Chip Frappuccino (with chocolate whipped cream) and the other morning I had Krispy Kreme Cinnamon Apple Filled donut and an Chocolate Iced Coffee (thanks to my fiancé). But I didn’t let either of these destroy my day…I ate sensibly the rest of the day. There were many nights that portion control was probably the only thing that saved me. I had many “bad” things like - tacos, pizza, baked ziti, taco dip, and a Philly Cheese steak sandwich. I skipped on desserts and treats except for the Chips Ahoy Dessert that I made on Monday night. It went over VERY well. Everyone in the house had some and there were a few that were able to have seconds. It was gone in no time! Eating while traveling wasn’t as good as I had planned. We couldn’t get to our food cooler on the trip home so we stopped for McDonald’s and Wendy’s. We normally do not eat fast food…

I did find a new treat while I was on vacation – Fiber One Oats & Apple Streusel bars. Unlike the Oats & Peanut Butter ones that I eat, these are only 2 points! They are YUMMY! I picked up another box yesterday.

Did I exercise? Not really but kind of… I took walks on the beach every morning. I was up before most of the people in the house (I never slept past 6:30 am). So, I would clean the lower level then head out for a walk down the beach and back. We also picked a bedroom on the top level of the house. I climbed lots of stairs over the past week. You couldn’t get into the place without climbing them so it was constant climbing of stairs. It was good though…I was drained the first couple days from going up and down them. I did take my resistance bands that I used one day. I also did floor exercises, like crunches, one day. Other than that, I didn’t do much.

What’s my game plan? I need to hit the gym hard! I need to work on strength training (weights) and cardio. I’ve picked up new schedules for the fitness classes in the area. I’m hoping to attend a few of those as well. I also need to get back to my A.M. treadmill routine and Couch to 5K program. I am also going to get back to counting points (for now…I’m thinking I’m going to ditch the whole point counting).

I hope everyone else had a good week and are moving closer to their weight loss/fitness goals!

1 comment:

Jen said...

That's fantastic! 2 lbs will come off easily! Great job! Where'd you find the FIber One Apple bars? They sound delicious and only 2 pts is great! I love the PB ones, but now that I realize they are 3 pts, I don't eat them as often or buy them. Too big a temptation!