Saturday, June 28, 2008

Super Savings Saturday - 6/28/2008

I haven't posted on Super Savings Saturday in a while...been too busy. So, I thought I would share what I call a super savings this week. I guess it would be day since I did all my shopping today (with the exception of CVS). CVS was earlier in the week but it wasn’t as exciting as today’s trips.

We started off my attending the Lowe’s Build and Grow workshop at our local Lowe’s store. My oldest son was with his grandparents this weekend but they gave me a kit for him (the lady’s gotten to know us). We built a mini baseball stadium game. This workshop was FREE!!

She also let us in on the next couple workshops: Dune Buggy, Teatherball, Mini School Locker and GMC Truck.

Then it was off to Meijer and Kroger for me (without kids)!!!

Here’s my picture of my Meijer goodies. I only picked up items that were on sale and/or I had a coupon for the item. If there’s one thing I don’t like about Meijer, it’s their coupon policy. I didn’t use more than two of the same coupon so this was all done in one transaction. The guy behind me was enjoying every bit of it…even though the cashier was having some problems with my coupons. Come to find out, on BOGO items at Meijer – you can’t use two coupons. I did this time but that’s why the coupons were giving her problems and the register was beeping.

I spent $31.65 and saved $61.55!

Here’s my Kroger goodies. I think I had coupons for just about everything I purchased even the eggs! Kroger had sent me a page of coupons and a couple booklets that were full of coupons so many of them got used today. I also did the Daytona deal twice.

I spent $76.54 and saved $92.43!

The only problem I ran into was the overweighted bag! It had a package of Oreos, Fruit Snacks, 2-Lawry's Marinades, BBQ Sauce, 2 cans of corn, and 4 jars of Ragu! Good thing I noticed it before I lifted it to load it into the car or carry it into the house.

I thank Mommy Snacks and Thrify in the Cincy for posting the Kroger and Meijer deals...not only does it save me time, it saves me money.

Don't forget about the Bath & Body Works coupon. I've been twice already. I love their lip stuff so I'll be going a lot between now and July 6th.

3 comments:

Sonshine said...

Great job!

I haven't had a problem with Meijer and them taking more than 2 coupons per item before OR maybe that was the problem the last time I went shopping there with my coupons and had 4 coupons per item for some of the items that I purchased that day and the register kept beeping at the cashier. Hummmm....well he never said anything to me other than they(referring to Meijer higher ups) should never had allowed the "internet coupons" to be redeemable at the stores.

Thanks for the heads up though about having problems I will have to keep that in mind when I go the next time to do a big shopping trip. :)

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Great Job! You did much better than I did! And, you got a lot more than me too!

Meijer is just funny sometimes on their coupon acceptance policy. I've emailed them and asked for one and have got NADA response! I haven't had a problem using 2 q's on BOGO items, they are getting reimbursed on both coupons so I don't see the issue. You still did really good!

mom_of2boys said...

Thanks for visiting!

Well, I visited another Meijer store today. The lady told me that they will take more than two of the same coupons; however, only two of them will double. Ugh!! I'll hold up the line to do two transactions, if it's an awesome deal...LOL