Monday, June 2, 2008

Crafts for Kids

As the school year winds down (3 more days left), I am looking for new ideas for teacher gifts. My son prefers to make something for his teacher rather than buying her a gift. Works for me! On another blog, I had read a post from a teacher that says she has more candles than she will ever use. She even mentioned preferring handmade gifts even if it's a drawing and she's able to save them and share them down the road.

There are two websites that I would like to share with you.

Family Fun - no matter what the holiday or season, you can always find ideas on this website. We are also looking for Father's Day ideas too.
Note: They also have a magazine that has lots of ideas in it. I'm not sure if everything is online or not. The one item that I made over the weekend out of the magazine - I couldn't find online to send to a friend.

Ramblings of a Crazy Woman - She has many, many crafts that she has made with her kids. They are very cute!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Neat! I wish I had seen your site before. We are making shrinkydinks into sun catchers for the teachers and a shrinkydink for a keychain. Then we got a little bag and will put a large Symphony bar with the shrinkydinks in the cloth bag. His one teacher is also getting a $15 certificate for Michaels.

The Happy Housewife said...

I love the Family fun site! I am on it all the time. Good point about teacher gifts, I am sure they are overwhelmed with candles and such!
Toni
http://thehappyhousewife.com