Friday, June 20, 2008

Fitness on Friday - 6/20/2008

It’s Fitness on Friday over at Bye Bye Fat Mom! I don’t have much to report this week. I did have a 2 lb weight gain. You can read about it here. I will admit that I am still not back in the swing things. During vacation, we ate every meal later than normal. It has really thrown things off. We finished up our spring soccer season this week so that’s cut into my workouts. I really am psyched about getting back into my workout and dropping this weight – I have my fiancé’s 30th class reunion in August…I want to look good!

My tip: You should change and experiment with your workouts and diet. Some people stick to the same routine, nutrition, even when they are getting little or no results. Learn and try new things. Experiment with workouts, exercises, techniques, and sets/reps. You may come up with something that uniquely benefits you. You may even come up with something new and creative that could help someone else with a problem area. Working out should be a challenge, but it definitely shouldn’t be painful.

Just remember that everybody is different – what works for one person, doesn’t always work for another.

Hope everyone is on track and working towards their fitness and weight loss goals…I’m getting back there!

6 comments:

Jen said...

You'll totally look fantastic for your fiance's reunion if you keep up with how well you are doing! I loved your bit of advice because it's so true! Thanks and good luck this week :)

Anonymous said...

Your advice is so true and though I love running and that is my choice of workout, today I went and used the other machine that you swing your hands at the same time, it starts with E. (sorry, I forgot its name, I never go on it) and I stuck on it for 30 minutes despite me wanting to go on the treadmill. I think I got a full workout. thanks for stopping by and hope you get back into your normal routine

Natalie said...

Getting off a routine definitely makes things harder. I was sick and still haven't gotten all back to what I was doing before.

You're gonna look great at that reunion!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have good luck getting back on track! I know it is hard sometimes!!

I am one who gets stuck in the same routine a lot. But I don't keep it up if it quits working. I try to move on then! :)

I have to make it fun, which is why this Richard Simmons dvd is working so well for me, right now! Maybe someday I'll even be able to do the whole thing! teehee

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

I think your weight gain is actually decent for being on vacation! I'm pulling for ya to get to feelin' great for your fiance's reunion!!

Nancy said...

Getting back to your normal routine will help a lot but you are doing great!