Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hungry Girl Cookbook

As I had mentioned in my last Fitness on Friday post before heading out on vacation, I took along three books with me. The only one that I really read or opened more than the first couple pages of was the Hungry Girl’s Cookbook. I had borrowed it from our county library. I really wanted to purchase it but didn’t know if it would be worth it.

After taking it along and looking at the recipes, I only found interest in 8 recipes most of which were dessert ones. Why only 8? I’m a picky eater – I don’t like soy crisps/chips, seafood and numerous veggies.

I think the book is put together great. Each meal/snack is broken down into sections – i.e. Rise & Dine and Chocolate 911 (my favorite chapter). They provide you a list of Hungry Girl recommended products, tips, and how-to’s (for preparing meats).

A tip that I took away from the book and put to use last week was splitting my lunch into two mini meals. We weren’t eating dinner until almost 8 and I was starved by the time dinner was served. It definitely helped.

The recipes that I found interest in were:
Cinnamonlicious French Toast
Ooey-Gooey Chili Cheese Nachos
Phenomenal Philly Cheesesteak
Chilly Chocolate Cheesecake Nuggets
Dreamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge (This one was so easy that I made it on vacation. It was pretty good…it went over well too.)
PB ‘n Chocolate Bread Pudding Bonanza
Chocolate Pudding Crunch Explosion
Upside-down Chocolate Cream Pie

You can go online and check out pictures and WW point values for the recipes here. (nope, the actual recipes are not listed) If you haven’t purchased the book, I would at least borrow it, if possible. If nothing else, it will get you thinking of new ideas for your everyday meals.

No comments: