Friday, June 6, 2008

Fitness on Friday - 6/6/2008

It’s Fitness on Friday at Bye Bye Fat Mom! Well, I didn’t report a weight loss this week but it wasn’t a gain either so things are good. I haven’t been working out much lately. I’ve been trying to get things ready for vacation over the past week. It’s not easy getting 4 kids and yourself ready plus making sure everything is covered while you are gone.

I do have a semi-plan for vacation. I plan to walk the beach every morning that I can. With following the Couch to 5K program, I want to keep up with that at the same time so I might do some walking and jogging on the beach. I have also packed my resistance bands and a workout video that I rented from the library last night – Jillian Michael’s Shape Up –Backside. I don’t know if I will be able to do it or not but I figure I will take it and try. Other than that, I plan to really focus on my meals and limit my alcohol intake. I want to be able to report a weight loss after I return…not a weight gain.

I’m also taking along a few books to help me keep my focus. They are:

“Making the cut : the 30-day diet and fitness plan for the strongest, sexiest you” / Jillian Michaels

“Are you ready! : take charge, lose weight, get in shape, and change your life forever” / Bob Harper

“Hungry Girl : recipes and survival strategies for guilt-free eating in the real world” / Lisa Lillien

I might find a few recipes that I can make while I’m down there. I don’t eat seafood and can’t stand the smell of it so I’ll be staying home that night (eating something healthy, of course)!

I hope everyone else had a great weight loss week. If not, don’t let it get you down. Get up and get moving, drop the fries, dumb the soda…whatever it is that has you off track – change it now! It’s not too late! Don’t wait until tomorrow, if you’ve already blown today!

5 comments:

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

YAY... congrats. I look forward to reading your stuff as the weeks go on.

Jen said...

Fun for you, vacation!!! That's fantastic that you are planning ahead and brining along good motivating reading material. I SO want the Hungry Girl book! I need to get it! I've heard all about it and been to her website and LOVE it! It's also good to know I'm not the only person in the world that hates seafood. . . even the smell makes me gag! Have fun and here's to a great week! Thanks for the great motivation!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great vaca!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE walking on the beach!!!

Maintaining is good! I always appreciate a maintain week when I have a gain week :-p

Jen said...

I hope you are having a fantastic vacation and staying dedicated to your goals!

I have an award waiting for you over at My "Losing" Motivation blog when you get home :)

Natalie said...

I really need to get those books. I'm struggling for motivation and the Biggest Loser trainers totally motivate me. That show needs to start a new season.

I hope you're having a good weight loss week!