Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Weigh In Wednesday - 4/8/09

I was relieved when I got on the scale this morning and it was enough to get to my 10 pound goal for WW. I lost 0.8 on my home scale and the WW scale. It wasn't as great of a weight loss as I would have liked to have seen but with the way my eating and snacking was last week. I was glad to see any weight loss.

I did workout a couple days last week. It was mainly strength training and walking. We spend the day Sunday at 3 different area parks (walking) before we headed to the 4th one to play baseball. I shot basketballs for a few hours that evening too. I definitely need to get in a routine of working out on a daily basis. I'm going to meet with a trainer in 2 weeks for 1 hour. We'll see how well it works and if I will meet with her again.

One thing that I will be focusing on this week is eating a healthy Easter dinner. I'll be staying away from casseroles, au-gratin items, breaded and fried foods. My plan is to find out what's being served ahead of time. If I know there isn't anything that fits in my "diet", I'll be taking a few items of my own and have a cup of soup or salad before I head out to dinner. I have gained quite a bit of self control over the past couple weeks so I don't really see it being a problem. I can get passed all the "it's only one day" and "a bite won't make a difference" comments. My take on those two comments - "it's only one day"...it only takes one day to screw up a diet. The other "a bite won't make a difference"...the bites, licks and tastes add up. A bite of this, a taste of that and sooner or later you've had enough to add up to a serving size.

My goal this week is to drop 2.0 pounds and workout for at least 30 minutes 3 days this week. I've really got to get back into working out. I've made it to week 4 of the Couch to 5K and would like to finish the program. I'd like to run my first 5K soon.

How did you do this week? What challenges are you facing? Have you considered what you will be eating on Easter or will you make up your mind once it's time to eat?

Goal 12/31/09 56.2
2009 Weight Loss-to-date -7.2

Weight Watcher Weight Loss


Goal #3 20
Weight Loss (since 3/11/09)
-10.8

No comments: