Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Weigh In Wednesday - 4/15/09

I likey the weight loss!! Another week to report a loss. This time my home scale had that I lost 1.4 pounds and the WW scale had that I lost 1 pound. I'm proud of the weight loss this week even though it wasn't the 2 pounds I wanted. I enjoyed two Easter dinners, dinner out with the family, lunch out with the kids twice and lunch with some girlfriends yesterday and came out with a weight loss!! My planning ahead paid off.

My workouts were slim this week. We did go skating, bike riding and I ran on the treadmill Easter morning but that's about it. I had planned on going to the gym and aerobic classes but it didn't happen. I think it was weather related - the weather wasn't great so I had no motivation.

The quote for the week "This journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" - Lao Tzu.
However long and complicated any endeavor might be, it always needs to be initiated with something short and simple. This is so true with weight loss. We would love if we went to sleep and woke up to our dream weight. Instead, we have to start with short and simple steps. If you can't fit in a 30 minute workout or you haven't worked out in a long time, start with 5 minutes if that's all you've got. Gradually increase the amount and intensity of your workout. Maybe for you it's not working out, it's getting in vegetables and fruit. Start with what you can and gradually increase the amounts. Eventually, it will all come together. I don't think the journey ever ends with weight loss though.

My goal this week is to drop 2.0 pounds and workout for at least 30 minutes 3 days this week. I've also printed off the aerobic class schedule for the YMCA and local fitness club. I'm hoping to find time to fit at least one class in this week.

How did you do this week? What challenges are you facing? How well did you do on Easter? Did you find that the candy was calling your name?

Goal 12/31/09 56.2
2009 Weight Loss-to-date -8.6

Weight Watcher Weight Loss


Goal #3 20
Weight Loss (since 3/11/09)
-11.8

No comments: