Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Weigh In Wednesday - 4/22/09

I likey the weight loss!! I get so excited when Wednesday morning comes around now. This week I was down 2.8 pounds on my scale. I lost 3.4 pounds at WW. I'm quickly approaching my third WW goal - 20 pounds! I'm only 5.2 pound away!!

My workouts were too bad. With the warmer and dry weather, I was able to get out and walk. Actually, I spent most of the weekend walking. I was either chasing the kids on their 4-wheelers and enjoying the hiking in the woods or the hour and a half that I walked during my son's baseball practice. I did weights during the day while I was at home. One new thing that I tried was Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD. Let me tell you it kicked my butt. I've tried her other DVDs 30 Day Shred and No More Trouble Zones. I love them all. If you're interested, she does have a special on No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVDs and you get 2-weeks of her online weight-loss program for just $14.95 plus $4.95 S&H...not a bad price for the workout you get. I wish I could train with her for at least a day. I know she'd kick my butt and make me try but it would be SO worth it!

My eating was really good while we were away from home this weekend. I enjoyed a piece of chicken over cheeseburgers and hot dogs, salad over pasta salad and fruit salad over cheesecake. I didn't feel like I was depriving myself either. I had made the fruit salad to take with us on Saturday because I had seen the cheesecake ingredients and thought I would be tempted if there wasn't something sweet there to take it's place.

One thing that I've really learned to pay attention to is serving sizes. I've been amazed at how many servings can be in something so small. I used to think that the calories and fat in Pop Tarts were for one package. I was wrong...it's for one pastry. So, why don't they package the pastries individually? That's the one that came to mind first but there really are many others.

My goal this week is to drop 2.0 pounds and workout for at least 30 minutes 3 days this week. Last week I printed off the aerobics schedules for a few of the local fitness clubs. I've got a plan to attend at least two classes this coming week - Glutes & Guts and Zumba. The kids want to attend the Kids Zumba class so I might join them at that one too. I'm waiting on some news before I sign up for personal training sessions. I did find a better price for a personal trainer that I am familiar with so I'll be doing 4 sessions (maybe more) instead of just two. But I can't do anything until I get word back on my news (watch for a post later this week/early next about this news).

How did you do this week? What challenges are you facing? Are you finding you are more active now that the weather is getting better?

Goal 12/31/09 56.2
2009 Weight Loss-to-date -11.4

Weight Watcher Weight Loss


Goal #3 20
Weight Loss (since 3/11/09)
-14.8

No comments: