Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday: Repairing and Stocking the Toy Shelf


Last week, I tackled the BIG toy mess. This week it was the toy shelf that needed to be fixed. I have to say that I'm not longer "scared" of power tools. I had kept the broken dowel rods when I cleaned up the room. So, I took them to Lowe's Home Improvement and found the size I needed to repair the shelf. It was a little longer than I needed but that wouldn't be a problem. My fiance is the man of tools! I also had to pick up a few new screws to put it back together with. I came home, cut the dowel rods, and screwed them in place.

Here's the repaired toy shelf. You can't tell that it ever had anything wrong with it.
Then it was time to put the toys back. Since the toys had been placed in the "trash", we (my youngest son - the culprit, my fiance and I) agreed that we would only keep the toys that he plays with. All the others would be trashed, if damaged, or passed on to others to enjoy. It was easier than I had thought it would be.

Our completed toy shelf with toys in bins. I'm glad that's over with...

To see what other's are tackling this week, visit 5 Minutes For Mom's Tackle It Tuesday.

No comments: