Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's official!


It's official - I joined the ranks of the unemployed today. Am I proud of it? NO! I really enjoyed working and helping others. I liked what I did and loved the money! Don't get me wrong there were things that I didn't like about the job (or was it a particular person?). I've actually came a long way over the past 4 1/2 months.

In the past 4 1/2 months, I've been able to update the family room, remove lots of clutter from the house (more work to be done), and get rid of telemarketers by telling them I don't have a job and nothing to offer them. I do not have to wake up at 4:00 AM 5 days a week! I've also been able to spend more time with my kids and attend school functions during the school day. It's saved me a TON on child care too (I'll get back to this in another post).

My goal is to be back to work as soon as possible. I like being home with the kids but it's not for me. I'm a working mom - not a stay at home mom. I've been applying for jobs as they become available. I'm also considering going back to school but not sure in what field yet. I really like working on computers but I don't really want to spend my days sitting in a chair. Another field I am considering is nursing. I'm not sure that I can handle some of the tasks involved. So, it takes me to medical assisting or medical coding, billing & transcription (something I can do from home). However, I've had two friends complete these programs and couldn't find employment. UGH!

No comments: