Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Weigh In Wednesday - 12/31/2008

Well, it's finally here - the final weigh in of 2008. I really wasn't doing much dieting and exercising over the past two weeks. It's been kind of crazy with the holidays, trying to get the unemployment stuff done, and trying to figure out a drastically reduced income/budget for 2009. I was able to drop another .8 pound. Not too bad for not putting forth any effort.

For 2009, I will be having a Weigh-In/Wii Fit Wednesday! My mother was so kind to have purchased me a Wii Fit (and some maracas) that I will be using to get to my year-end weight loss goal. Since my sister and sister-in-law both have the Wii Fit, I asked them if they wanted to have a "challenge". Neither of them received the Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2009. So, we'll see if it helps with the weight loss...if so, they will probably purchase it too. Then on my fiance's side of the family - his nephew and fiance will be getting married in July. They are all looking to lose weight. Looks like we've got a pretty big support group going on here locally. Don't worry - you can join in too! Just stop by on Wednesday's and share your weight loss, how well you've done on your Wii Fit, or what barriers you are facing. By coming together, we should be able to get to our goals by the end of the year.

Now for my 2009 weight loss goal, I'd like to lose 56.2 pounds. I'm not going to leap out for that goal right away. I'm going to take baby steps. I'm going to work on adding in exercise and eating healthy. Then I will really focus on getting the pounds off by setting mini goals. I'm thinking by week #2 I will be posting my first mini goal. By accomplishing a mini weight loss, it should keep me focus and eager to get to that overall weight loss goal of 56.2 pounds by 12/31/2009!

No comments: