Thursday, December 18, 2008

Things I Love Thursday - Hollywood Fashion Tape

The past two weeks I talked about the earbags and the traction slip-ons - the winter items I love. These were both gifts to me from my mother. Why not add another one from her? A couple years ago I received Hollywood Fashion Tape from her. I had no idea what it as...but the box read "Keep Your Clothes On!" My initial thought was "Oh no she didn't!"

Come to find out...it's double sided tape that helps you keep your clothes on. You can use these tape strips for just about anything and everything like eliminating blouse gaps, holding up a strapless shirt or bra, secure revealing necklines, fixing a hem, or even securing a scarf or other accessory in place.

These came in handy when I was working. I actually got dressed up and had many blouses that had a low cut neckline. I would secure it with tape to keep it from drooping open when I bent over. I did use them while we were on vacation this past summer. I had a lot of tank tops that had low cut necklines or criss-crossed but would gap open depending on how I turned...a little fashion tape kept it closed. I used it on my sleeveless tops too.

They can be used on skin or fabric. If you have trouble getting them to stick to your stick, as a friend of mine did, just rub a little alcohol on your skin, let it dry then apply the tape.

To see what others love, visit The Diaper Diaries Things I Love Thursday.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

those would have been very helpful with my v-neck wedding dress!

~Rhen @yestheyareallmine said...

That is such a great idea. Would help keep the front of my shirt from shifting and showing too much.

thediaperdiaries said...

Man I wish people knew about these. Too many women are running around giving away the farm if ya know what I mean.

Don't forget to come leave another comment on the giveaway for linking up. I don't want you to miss out on a second entry.

thediaperdiaries said...

Never mind, I just noticed you did