Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Weigh In Wednesday - 12/17/08


It's been a super busy week. Last weekend while we were out Christmas shopping, I picked up a new scale - an electric one not another with the floating arm. I even get a free 6-month subscription to Weight Watcher magazine.

Last week I had reported that I wanted to lose 10 pounds by the first of the year and had 7 more to go. This week I was down 1 pound by the old scale and 2.2 by the new scale! Either way, I'll take it! Next week it will be one weigh in, right before all the Christmas happenings, and one scale - the new one!

I've noticed that I'm not craving chocolate like I had been, I've cut back on my morning iced coffee (I've actually been making it myself when I want it), and my appetite had decreased. I've even spent that past week baking up a storm from buckeyes to Rice Krispie treats to cookies and brownies. I will admit that I enjoyed a few but in moderation. I wasn't going to deny myself the buckeye and later go back to find myself eating 10 of them. One and my craving was gone! I can actually say that I'm ready for the holidays and all the not-so-good for me food. I've got control of my eating now!

Now for my workouts this past week...there weren't any except all the walking that I have been doing. I know that I need to make time even if it's 10 minutes here, 10 minutes there, but really I don't think I could have found 10 minutes anywhere. One good part is the kids will be out of school for the next two weeks so we will be visiting the YMCA (to get out of the house) and doing other activities - maybe even a competition on the treadmill or with weights. They love to workout with me. I'll have the time since I cleaned almost every nook & cranny around here this week (my pre-holiday cleaning spree).

This next week I'm going to shoot for getting at least an hour of cardio and a half an hour of strength training. I'd also like to lose 2.4 pounds before Christmas. That will leave me 2.4 pounds to lose by New Years (making my 10 pound goal). Then I will take off in full force after the first of the year. I'm going to get up early enough to get the morning workout in and then even shoot for an afternoon or evening workout on most days.

How are you doing on your weight loss? Are you having trouble getting past all the holiday baking temptations? Are you holding off until the first of the year to start your weight loss/fitness goals? If so, what are they?

No comments: