Monday, December 15, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 12/15/08


Last week was my first week back to menu planning. It went "ok" but not perfect. I found that we eat from our menu for the most part. It's eating it on the day that I designate that's not working. Instead of assigning meals to days, I'm going to list the meals and it will be cooked the day I feel like cooking it within the week (unless someone specifies). Hopefully this helps.

Here’s my plan for this week…

1. Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings (I made the base for this last week when we thawed the chicken...too much chicken)

2. Baked Ziti topped with meatballs

3. Southwestern Casserole (freezer meal)

4. Breaded Butterfly Shrimp, mashed potatoes, green beans

5. Soup & Grilled Cheese

6. Chili

To see more menu plans, visit I'm an Organized Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

4 comments:

Winnie said...

That happened to us when I didn't think through the activities of the week well enough. Just providing a list is a good idea, though. That way when I'm not home my husband can see what else can be made.

I've started assigning cooks for different meals, though. We'll see how that goes :)

Michelle said...

sounds like a good week!

Unknown said...

I just list what we'll be having for the week and go with it.
For example, I went to Fresh & Easy and found a ham on sale - only 99 cents a pound. So guess what we had for dinner last night?
My main goal is that we're not eating out and that there's variety.

n*stitches said...

I can't wait to try crockpot chicken and dumplings!