Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Rachel Ray Book Signing...

Well, late yesterday afternoon I had posted that I was heading off to a book signing...that's just what we did. It was quite crazy! I picked up my oldest son from school. I had packed some drinks and snacks in preparation for a long night at The Greene. We arrived at The Greene at 4:10pm only to find that parking lot in front of the bookstore full. On the way to the other parking lot we passed the bookstore, my oldest son said, "Mom, let me out. I will go get in line while you park the car." I was a little nervous about it but I let him out and parked the car. My youngest son and I rushed to the bookstore to join him in line. My sister joined us shortly after we had gotten into the line with my oldest son.

The line was up and down aisles, wrapped around tables, across and around the store. I knew we would be close to the cut off. The tickets were supposed to be handed out starting at 5:00pm but since they needed to clear the floor of all the people. The line started to move, tickets started to be handed out...we got closer, ticket #16X walked by...a little closer, ticket #217 walked by...then we were almost there and the line stopped. At this point, we could see the lady with the tickets. She still had a few. After about 5-10 minutes, the line started moving again. This time we landed one...
We were # 247 out of 250 - thanks to my oldest son getting in line for us! We waited around upstairs, where the book signing was going to be taking place, for about an hour. Then she arrived - Rachel Ray! It was pretty exciting. They started the book signing immediately calling tickets in increments of 5. It was going to take a while to get to us (so we did some Christmas shopping) but by 8:00pm we were proud owners of personalized Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book. Plus we had got to see her and say "Hi". The line moved too quick for much more than that. I was able to get a few pictures of her and a picture of her and my oldest son...the one that made the book signing possible. I must say she is a very sweet and beautiful gal! Maybe next time, I'll visit her show...in my dreams!

1 comment:

Kandi said...

Wow! Congrats! I love her and am a loyal devotee to her 30 minute meals...YUM-O!