Tuesday, March 17, 2009

February Challenge Results



I'm a little behind on posting. I'm trying to play catch-up.

How did you do with the February Challenge? I saved $37.61 in change! As I had stated in my original post, I am a change saver most of the time. I hate to spend change.

Now that the money has been counted, rolled and converted to dollar bills, it was time to decide what to purchase. The purchase was to be something that will save us money. Since we already have many items that do that for us, I had decided to get the Energy Smart light bulbs and check the price of a new shower head that uses less water.

In the end, I picked up 2 packs of Sylvania 11-watt Compact Fluorescent Bulbs. With three bulbs in each pack, I had enough of that wattage. So, I picked up 2 packs of the Sylvania 20-watt Compact Fluorescent Bulbs. That used up all the money that I had saved during the
February Challenge. I still need to purchase 2 - 3-way Compact Fluorescent Bulbs at some point.

Since purchasing these items, I have found that they put off more light that the older bulbs we were using. It's helped to eliminating turing on multiple lights in a room. We'll see if it really saves us on the energy bill.

No comments: