Monday, March 16, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - 3/16/2009


I'm glad to say that we finally ate from our menu every night. I had also left open a night for carry-out which usually occurs Friday or Saturday. We ended up eating in every night except Monday for our son's birthday (as planned). It was great!

This week my fiance' is out of town. I really hate to cook when he's not at home. So, this is the time the kids really get to pick what's for dinner rather than just one night during the week. It looks like it will be a chicken week.

Here's my menu plan:
1. Chicken nuggets, fries, pineapple slices
2. Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Note: These were REALLY good. I was surprised how well they went over. I have the pickiest of kids and they ate it (well, minus the pepper). I had one serving (1/2 pepper) and it was REALLY filling).
*I did make a few substitutes: no garlic or cilantro and I used diced tomatoes instead of tomato sauce (I'm not a fan of tomato sauce.)
3. Sesame Chicken & Chicken Fried Rice
4. Chicken Patties, Mashed Potatoes, Salad
5. Homemade Beef Burritos or Homemade Pizza (we had a change in plans for this weekend)

UPDATE: When I put the menu together earlier in the week, I forgot that I had to take my oldest son to his grandparents on Friday night. The kids also have a school carnival that night. It will be a late night. It will either be homemade beef burritos, homemade pizza or a "You find it, You eat it" kind of night.

To see more menu plans, visit
Menu Plan Monday @ $5 Dinners this week.

No comments: