Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Shopping Trip - Week of 11/30/08

This week's trip included my monthly grocery shopping stop. This month we raised our grocery budget (even though I only spent $4.37 more than last month's grocery store trip) since my kids will be out of school for two weeks at the end of the month and my fiance has some time off. We want to avoid ordering out and/or going out for dinner, if possible. Plus, living in Ohio you never know what the weather is going to be like. I'd hate to have to run to the store the night before a snow storm to make sure we have enough food to get us through a couple days. Right now, the cabinets and freezer are packed!

KMart - Super Double Coupons I went to KMart at the beginning of the week to get some items that we will use (candy for neighbors/teachers and bags for the kids' Christmas parties). I didn't go to grab up anything and everything I could get for free. Total OOP: $20.39 -- saved 75% -- received 6 - $1 off my next shopping trip coupons from the Endust

Kroger
They had a lot of the meat on sale this week. Since we still have a lot of our pork left, I picked up chicken (5 pkgs of chicken breasts and a pack of chicken legs) and beef (roast, 2 pkgs of 2-lb ground beef) which was $28.22 of my total out of pocket. This caused my total savings to be low this month.


Total OOP: $90.72 -- saved 38%

Meijer
This wasn't that good of a trip either. I was completely out of cereal. I'm not much of breakfast eater but I did do better on my diet the weeks that I ate breakfast. Since cereal is about all I eat, I picked up two boxes to get me through the month. They weren't on sale though. I also picked my son up a new Carhartt shirt since they were clearanced.
Total OOP: $38.66 - - saved 63%.

CVS
There wasn't anything that I needed at CVS this week until I saw Carri @ Money Saving Methods post about the American Express gift cards. I needed 3 gift cards so I headed to CVS. Why not make money off them?!?! Plus, the young one wanted a power toothbrush (I picked it up for his stocking).
Total OOP: $88.98 -- received $11 in ECB, $15 rebate for gas card

Radio Shack
I don't normally go into Radio Shack but I was looking for a Caterpillar Construction Wireless R/C vehicle. They didn't have them but I did find a new cover for my iPod that was clearanced.
Total OOP: $1.47

Dollar Tree
This wasn't really planned but since it was close to Kroger I decided to stop in to see what they had. I was able to get my nephew the flash cards my SIL wanted for him (much cheaper than I had seen them at other stores for), 4 gift card holders (3 for the gift cards I bought at CVS) and The Alli Diet Plan book. I'm not using Alli but I saw a few good recipes in it as I was flipping through it at the store.
Total OOP: $4.28

No comments: