Monday, July 27, 2009

Weigh In - Week ending 7/25/09

I'm a little late posting my weigh in for this past week - busy week. I was down 2.2 pounds on my scale! On Saturday, I weighted in down 3.2 pounds at Weight Watchers. I'm 3.8 pounds away from my next goal that I want to hit by August 8th.

This week I focused on my workouts. I have been running, walking and strength training. My fiance’ helped me put together some new strength training workouts. I thought I was working all or nearly all my muscle groups in my arms doing the moves that I had. I was wrong. He had me using muscles that I didn’t even know existed. I hope after all these there isn’t any jiggle left in my arms. He was quite amazed by my ability to do so many weighted squats and weighted walking lunges. All my muscle is in my legs/lower body. I don’t have any upper body strength (yet) but I’m working on it now. I’m also working towards my first 5K. I’m still hoping my brother will join me (maybe even my sister and sister-in-law).

My food choices weren’t bad this week. I’ve been trying to lower the amount of coffee that I’m drinking in the morning and trying to add oatmeal, cereal or an egg white omelet (loaded with veggies). It’s been a little rough on my mood swings but I’m hoping to ditch (for the most part) my coffee habit by the end of the year. I finally got the Blueberry Bloom donut from Tim Horton’s that I’ve been wanting. I had said if they would let me try it I’d be set for a while. I did just that yesterday when they were giving away free blueberry donuts. Blueberries are my favorite and I pretty much like anything blueberry…blueberry syrup, pancakes, muffins, cereal….all of it. So, yesterday I ENJOYED my donut. No, my diet didn’t come to a screeching halt. I satisfied a craving that I was having so I could continue without experiencing a major crash in my diet.

One thing that I wanted to mention this week is that my weight loss goal isn’t to be skinny or fit into my size 2 or 4 jeans that have been hanging in my closet for almost 6 years – it’s more about feeling better about myself. I am proud of myself for sticking to my weight loss goals this time around. By losing the weight that I have, I’ve been able to enjoy life more. Life’s too short to pass all that by. I’m not longer sitting around watching my kids play or not doing other things because I felt I was too big. I’m out there with my kids playing kick ball, basketball and riding bikes. I’ve got more energy too which helps to keep up with my two energetic boys. Besides that, I am a happier person and have a better attitude towards things (except work). (My advice – “Never go back to a place you’ve been in the past that you didn’t like. It won’t be any better than the first time.”)

How’s your weight loss coming along? Have you made any changes to your exercise routine recently? What’s working for you? What other goals are you hoping to accomplish with losing we
ight?


Goal 12/31/09 56.2
2009 Weight Loss-to-date -27.6


Weight Watcher Weight Loss (Updated on Saturday)

Goal #5 - Aug 8
38.2
Weight Loss (since 3/11/09)
-34.4

2 comments:

Kandi said...

I'll comment!! I'm so excited. I've lost 2 more according to the scale at the doc's office today!! That brings my total to 8 pounds in 6 weeks. To be honest all I've really done is watched portion sizes and completely rearranged and cleaned out my house. No "real" exercise, although that all changes this weekend!!!

mom_of2boys said...

Congratulations! That's awesome! They say house cleaning burns calories. I never feel like I'm burning calories unless I'm sweating (gross I know). Keep up the great work!!