Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Snack Time: Smart Ones Flatbread

We had such a busy weekend that I didn't get to go to the grocery to pick up bread, produce, eggs and milk on Sunday. This resulted in me not having anything to pack for my lunch. I was able to dig up a few snacks though.

Rather than go out to a restaurant (aka Panera Bread) to get lunch, I decided to go to Wal-Mart (closer and cheaper). I went up and down every aisle but nothing looked or sounded good until I went through the frozen food. I'll admit that I'm a make it fresh kind of gal versus frozen meal eater but I really didn't have much choice.I found a Smart Ones Chicken Marinara with Mozzarella Cheese Grilled Flatbread. I cooked it for the "softer" bread. It was yum-ilicous!! It was only $2.50 too (a lot cheaper than a restaurant would have been). It had really good flavor, not the frozen been microwaved taste. IT was 6 WW points (290 calories, 6g fat, 3 fiber). It was a little higher in points that what I like to have for lunch but paired with a side salad and fruit it was alright.

No comments: