Friday, June 19, 2009

Weigh In Wednesday (posted on Friday) - 6/17/09

This week I weighed in on Wednesday but have been busier than normal. I weighed in on my scale down 0.4 pounds. Not an awesome week but I’ll take it – it’s a weight loss. I'm up to 21 pounds lost since the first of the year. The first 3 months I didn't do too well...I gained more than I lost. This week I had a health problem (nothing major) that I was dealing with. All’s well now. I will say that I was VERY stressed out with that and the busier than normal schedule. I felt really weighed down. Stress is heavy, right?!?!

Here’s a sample of my schedule…

5:00 am - Wake, Immediately shower

5:20 am - Start 1st load of laundry

5:20 – 5:50 am - Get ready for work

5:50 – 6:30 am - Clean house (not Lysoling and scrubbing during the week) – dust, wipe tv screens and mirrors down, empty trash cans, sweep floors, put dishes away…things like that. Switch laundry over and start 2nd load.

6:30 – 6:40 Pack lunches and make sure all necessary items are ready to go

6:30, 6:35, 6:40 am - Wake kids up *usually doesn’t work on the first try

6:40 – 6:50 am - Make youngest son’s bed and vacuum house

6:50 – 7:00 am - Final sweep of the house - eveything picked up and turned off and/or closed

7:00 am - Drop kids off at daycare

7:45 am - Arrive at work

**An hour during the day is used for lunch. It varies from day to day. I normally pack my lunch and run errands during my lunch hour. Today I’m writing this blog post.

5:00 pm - Leave work and RACE home

5:45 – 6:15 pm - Pick kids up from daycare and arrive home, dinner prep (if necessary)

6:15 pm - Head out to baseball. Lately it’s been one or both of the kids playing.

8:30 -9:00 pm - Arrive home from baseball

9:00 – 10:00 pm - Cook dinner, eat dinner, get as much ready for the next day as possible and get kids in shower

10:00 pm - Kids go to bed – I watch news/weather

10:20 pm - Head off to bed

In morning, REPEAT!


This Is why I haven’t been around here too much lately but also why my weight loss hasn’t been the greatest. We really didn’t work changing our schedule too much since we knew it wouldn’t be the same long (baseball ended this week). With baseball being over, we have laid out a new schedule. It will include me getting up earlier to work and then there will be 3 nights a week that we will head to the gym. Those days will vary each week.

My eating has been really good. One thing that worried me with returning to work was all the breakfast and lunch meetings. To this point, I haven’t ate at any of them – haven’t wanted them either. I’ve been eating more fruits than vegetables. I need to add more vegetables into my meals.

Workouts were slim this week. There were two days that I ran a mile and one day that I ran two miles. I did my strength training for 15 minutes on 2 days. Other than that, I haven’t been nearly as active as I had been. But, that will be changing this week.

I’ll try to post the Weight Watcher weigh-in tomorrow. Again, I have a jam packed day (actually, whole weekend is jam packed).

How are you doing on your weight loss journey? Stress keeping you from losing?

Goal 12/31/09 56.2
2009 Weight Loss-to-date -21.0

Weight Watcher Weight Loss (Updated on Saturday)

Goal #4 30
Weight Loss (since 3/11/09)
-25.6

No comments: