Saturday, May 30, 2009

Weight Watcher Weigh In -5/30/2009

This week was a great weigh in. I weighed in this week at Weight Watchers with a 5.6 pound weight loss. I finally hit the 20 pound goal!! I am considering changing my Wednesday weigh in to Saturday that way it's all on the same day.

This week we were on the subject of motivation. This is the time of year that many people lose motivation in their weight loss journey. I've noticed that I was close to losing motivation, as I had talked about last week. I was only losing .2 pounds even though I was working hard to lose the weight. It was a little frustrating but did pay off as my Wednesday leader had said. I think there are times that we will see a pretty good weight loss and think "Oh I didn't even watch what I ate last week. I'll do it this week and I have nothing to worry about." Wrong! You'll be back in the gaining game. One way to stay motivated is to set realistic goals - maybe it's getting into a pair of shorts that you've had for a while, 5 pounds, working out 2 times a week or walking every night after dinner. You are more likely to stick with your plan if you set attainable goals. If you say "I'd like to go from a size 14 to a size 6", more than likely your weight loss journey is going to end before you reach that goal size.

Some of the goals that I have set are getting back into a few old outfits. I have them lined up in my closet from biggest to smallest (not that it's really my goal to get as small as I was). I want to run a 5K this year so I've set small running goal (hit my 2 mile goal on Wednesday BTW). I do base most of my other goals on my weight but in the end it will be how I look and feel that determine where I stop on the scale. I may say I want to be 120 pounds but get to 135 and be comfortable. We'll see as my weight loss journey continues.

My next mini goal is 30 pounds. I'd like to lose it by June 13, 2009. It will be the 30 month mark for Weight Watchers. The last time I followed Weight Watchers I had lost 30 pounds in 3 months too. I'll be right on the same path as I was last time; however, this time I won't be drifting off the path.

How do you stay motivated? What kind of goals have you set for yourself?

Updated on Wednesday
Goal 12/31/09 56.2
2009 Weight Loss-to-date -18.0

Weight Watcher Weight Loss
(Updated on Saturday)

Goal #4 30
Weight Loss (since 3/11/09)
-23.8




No comments: