Monday, May 11, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - 5/11/09

I took a week off from menu planning to see how it would go. I was pleasantly surprised. We ate in every night except the weekend which I would have planned for anyways. I didn't stress over what to have since we really had many options. The biggest problem that I am running into is baseball games/practices. We normally eat between 6:30 - 7:00pm. With baseball 4-5 nights a week, it's hard to fit dinner in before and it's so late after that nobody's really hungry. I think that's why skipping a week of menu planning went so well. I wasn't wasting my time preparing a meal that either not going to get eaten or would sit for 2 hours until we returned from baseball.

Here's my menu plan:

Breakfast Options:
Waffles
French Toast
Omelet/Scrambled Eggs, toast
Cereal
Fruit

Lunch Options:
Soup/Grilled Cheese
Bologna Sandwich, salad
Bagel Bites
Salad, Fruit

Dinner:
1. Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue, Veggies of some sort
2. Swedish Meatballs and Egg Noodles, salad

3. Cabbage Rolls
4. Cheeseburgers and/or turkey sausage. cole slaw, french fries
5. Pork Chops with Cider Gravy, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Sauteed Apples and Onions


To see more menu plans, visit Organized Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

**Don't forget to enter my giveaway - 1 - $100 Home Depot Gift Card (ends 5/12/09).

No comments: