Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Weigh In Wednesday - 5/13/09

This week wasn't as good as week's past. I lost 0.4 pounds on my scale and 0.2 pounds at WW. I'll take it though. I know exactly what caused such a small weight loss and it's something that I can control. I'll be working this week to increase my weight loss and won't have that same issue to work with.

I really don't know what's gotten into me. My workouts have been pretty lame. I was working out with some Jillian Michaels DVDs and have completely lost interest in them. I get bored within 5 minutes of starting any of them. I don't have that problem at aerobics classes so I need to start adding them back into my schedule (yeah, sounds easier than it's going to be).

My eating this week was really good. As usual, I got all my veggies and fruit in each day. I did try the Boca Burgers this week. I must say - they are not my type of food. They were disgusting!! Good thing they were only $1. I was under in points on two days - I just wasn't hungry. But there was one day that I had to dive into the weekly allowance points...that's the day that had played a part in my small weight loss.

One thing that I need to focus on is eating regularly on those days that I'm not hungry. It can really take a toll on your metabolism if you skip meals or go long periods of time without eating. One way to look at your metabolism is like a fireplace. You wouldn't throw all your wood in at once to have a big flame and then let it die off. You would throw a little in at a time to keep the fire fueled. This is what you need to keep your metabolism going...feed it regularly and don't skip meals eating two meals in one.

My goal this week is to workout everyday. Yep, everyday. I'm really going to be focused on losing the 2 pounds I need to get me to my goal #3 of 20 pounds. I've got to find a new workout schedule over the next week as well. I've adjusted our schedule again with some changes that are about to take place around here (stay tuned for details). It will drastically reduce the amount of time I have available to workout.

How did you do this week? What challenges are you facing? Did you try anything new this week?

Goal 12/31/09 56.2
2009 Weight Loss-to-date -14.4

Weight Watcher Weight Loss


Goal #3 20
Weight Loss (since 3/11/09)
-18.0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really impressed with your weight loss. You have really motivated me to start my weight loss journey. It would be nice to see a weekly post where you answer our questions, if you can. Maybe more questions on what you are doing and eating. Is that something that you would be interested in doing? I want to know more!