Well, our week started out following the menu then my fiance' got called to work out of town. My kids are very picky so I made them some of their favorites while my fiance' was gone. Since I had a pot roast in the crockpot the day that my fiance' left, I had that two nights and a big salad the other night. We did get around to having the Jamaican Rubbed Pork Chops and Bourbon Chicken and rice. They were both really good.
This week I'm going to try something different. I'm going to plan for my 5 dinner nights even though my fiance' is headed back out of town tomorrow and doesn't know how soon he will return. I'm also going to plan out my breakfast and lunch. I've really been slacking in the breakfast category lately so I've decided to plan it out to see if that helps.
1. 3 Egg Whites omelet w/mushrooms, green peppers, red peppers, onions and hot sauce, 1 cup grapes
2. Thomas High Fiber English Muffin w/Weight Watcher cream cheese and All Fruit Strawberry spread
3. Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal with a 1/4 cup of unsweetened chunky applesauce mixed in
4. Kellogg's Blueberry cereal w/fat free milk, 1 cup blueberries
5. 3 Egg Whites omelet (hot sauce only) on a Arnold's Sandwich Thin with 1/2 a Weight Watcher Cream Cheese
1. Grilled Chicken Salad w/light honey mustard dressing
2. Santa Fe Style Chicken soup, Turkey sandwich on Arnold's Sandwich Thin
3. 2 Fat Free Ballpark franks with Arnold's Sandwich Thin, Applesauce, veggie salad
4. Progresso Soup, toasted cheese sandwich
5. 3 Egg Whites omelet (hot sauce only) on a Arnold's Sandwich Thin with 1/2 a Weight Watcher Cream Cheese (Breakfast is always good for lunch), 3/4 cup of strawberries and 1/2 cup of blueberries, Fiber One Yogurt
Dinner (Mine listed on side except for last two when my fiance' returns)
1. Hot Dogs, Homemade Mac & Cheese (Fat free hot dog, salad)
2. Hamburgers, Corn, leftover Homemade Mac & Cheese (Turkey burger, broccoli)
3. Spaghetti (Grilled Chicken Parmesan)
4. Homemade Pizza
5. Orange Teriyaki Chicken
Last night we had a great dinner. My fiance' cooks on Sunday so it's never planned because he decided at the last minute. We had: grilled tilapia, baked "fried" green tomatoes, corn on the cob. I made a hot corn mixture. I caramelized diced onions and jalapenos then shucked three ears of corn and mixed it together. I also made an onion relish for the tomatoes. Diner was FANTASTIC!! My family ate the leftovers when they brought my son home...they loved it too.
To see more menu plans, visit The Happy Homemaker where Menu Plan Monday is being hosted this week.