Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - 8/24/2009


The last two weeks have been very busy; therefore, I didn’t menu plan. I did have an idea of what we would have for dinner or at least what was available. It didn’t work for us the first week since it was the week of the fair and we were here there and everywhere but last week it did.

This week should be pretty normal with the exception of the kids starting back to school. It really doesn’t affect our menu except I will now have to go back to packing a lunch for my oldest son. He packs the same things over and over so I won’t put his lunch on my menu plan.


This week I’m planning my breakfast and lunches for the work week as well as our dinners. A couple weeks ago, I wrote about changing my eating schedule to every 2-3 hours and making sure I eat breakfast rather than just drink it (my Iced Cappucino addiction). This worked – my hunger levels were balanced. I’m no longer starved when I walk in the door from work.


Breakfast

1. Special K Blueberry cereal, Fat Free/Skim Milk, ½ cup Blueberries

2. Egg white omelet w/mushrooms, peppers and onions, ¾ cup strawberries
3. Weight Watcher Baked Apple ‘n Cinnamon Snack Bar, banana, Fiber One Yogurt (2x)

4. Cinnamon Raisin Bagel with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cream Cheese and Better ‘n Butter.

Lunch (includes my afternoon snack) – no lunch plan for Tuesday since I will be leaving work early.

1. Garden salad w/Light Honey Mustard, 2 Fat Free Hot dogs, 1 ½ cup Strawberries, Fiber One Key Lime Pie Yogurt, Sugar Free Fat Free Dark Chocolate Pudding

2. Turkey Sandwich, 1 ½ cup strawberries, 1 cup grapes, Fiber One Strawberry yogurt, Sugar Free Fat Free Dark Chocolate Pudding

3. Panera Bread (being taken to lunch) – Black Bean Soup and Strawberry Poppyseed Salad
4. Turkey Sandwich, Soup, 1 ½ cups strawberries, Fiber One Key Lime Pie Yogurt, Sugar Free Fat Free Dark Chocolate Pudding


Dinner

1. BBQ Shredded Pork, Mashed Potatoes, Baked Beans
2. Homemade Pizza
3. Crockpot Chicken Parmesean

4. Meatloaf, egg noodles, sweet corn

5. Cabbage Rolls

6. Turkey Stuffed Peppers

To see other menu plans, visit I'm an Organized Junkie.

No comments: