Saturday, October 17, 2009

Motivational?

If you haven’t noticed, over the past couple months I have been in this unmotivational slump. I haven’t exercised, keep track of my points, or even try to lose weight. I am in desperate need of some motivation. I would really like to get the rest of the weight off.

A couple weekends ago on a Saturday night, we took my parents out to dinner. My youngest son was going to stay with my nieces. I told him I would bring my leftover steak home for him. His reply, “It’s lots of calories you don’t need any of it.”

On the following Tuesday while watching The Biggest Loser, my son says “Mommy, why don’t you ever use your treadmill? It’s going to get all dusty if you don’t.”

The most recent comment he made was – “You’re not getting skinnier by drinking that.” Yes, I was enjoying a Caramel Apple Martini.

Should I have take those comments and acted upon them? I don’t mean by punishing him but by really focusing on my weight loss and possibly adding some exercise to my day. It didn’t motivate me even though my youngest child had noticed that I wasn’t losing weight anymore or even exercising.

Since that didn’t work, you would think that positive comments would have.

Over the past couple of weeks, I have seen several co-workers that I hadn’t seen since I was laid off from work – back in August 2008. I received lots of compliments (no I’m not bragging here that's not something I do – just quoting my friends)…

“Wow! You look great!”

“You’ve lost quite a bit of weight. What’s your secret?”

“You’ve lost weight, haven’t you? You look fabulous.”

Or the lady at the homecoming football game when I was purchasing a sweatshirt. I asked to see a large and x-large. She said, “You are too tiny for those sizes. We just ran out of the small size. Check a medium.” My first thought was ‘Hello! I could never fit into anything smaller than a large. Give it to me to see.’ I was shocked that I might have been able to wear the small but settled for a medium.

Nothing seems to be getting me out of this slump. I need help! What motivates you? Have you been in an unmotivated slump before? If so, how did you get out of it?

As I was reading some of my favorite blogs (which I haven't really had the time to do in months), I saw that Lorie had made it over the hump. She even lost 9.4 pounds that week!! It got me thinking, 'I can do this too. I love seeing the weight loss! Maybe this is what I needed - to see that I wasn't the only one in a slump.' We'll see if it works. **If you aren't familiar with Lorie, read this post and see how far she has come. She was the one that really got me thinking about joining Weight Watchers by seeing that the program does work.

No comments: