Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm back!

If you haven’t noticed, I took a much needed hiatus from blogging. I still lurked around visited my favorite blogs (which reminds me - I need to update on my blogroll). I did comment a time or two on a few of them.

It really wasn’t my plan to be away from blogging for so long – about 5 months. We started 6 day football practice then school started and there were 4 days of practice and 1 game day. We dealt with football practices and games until the first week of November. We quickly moved into basketball practices. Winter is usually our off season for sports. Not this year! As a matter of fact, he plays on a recreational and select basketball team. So, we are remaining busy…as we head away from basketball (about a month left until tournaments) and head towards baseball. Then there were the holidays which are normally busy and stressful. As if I’m not busy enough, our football board is in full swing preparing for the fall football season – yes, it will be here before you know it.

Wondering how I’ve been doing on my weight loss goals? Well… I’m back to my original weight before I joined Weight Watchers in March ’09. I’m not happy about it either. It’s my fault and I’m taking full responsibility for it. Over the past year or so, I’ve been putting everyone else first and I’ve been unmotivated, irritable and frustrated, etc. I’m stepping up and putting myself first now. I’m managing my stress a little better. But best of all, I’ve got a plan! I will be scheduling my workout time just as the basketball, baseball and football coaches schedule practices and games.

Since exercise seems to be my biggest problem, I will be focusing on that first. I will be going back to the Couch to 5K program as one of my 2011 goals is to run at least 3 5Ks this year. I’ve also been reading Tony Horton’s book. In his book, he outlines a workout for your fitness level. It’s a six days a week workout for approximately 20 minutes. I’m going to follow that as well.
My eating habits haven’t really changed since I stopped dieting. I got through the holidays without eating pounds of peanut butter (my fave), buckeyes and cookies. As a matter of fact, I don’t recall having much of any of them. Compared to where I was a year ago, I’m probably eating better. I eat more vegetables and fruit than I was. Depending on the dinner, I will eat double vegetables and leave the meat off my plate.

I’ve been at my new plan for 1 week now and have lost 3.2 pounds! I didn’t exercise as much as I had planned because I got hit with strep throat. I slept instead of working out. I’ve got my prescription so hopefully I will start feeling better in the next couples and get back to my workouts.

I will be back to report my progress - hopefully weekly.

No comments: