Monday, February 14, 2011

Weight In: Loss But Not Much More

After an ice storm and some snow and some more snow, I am back with the past week’s weight loss total. It is 1.6! I couldn’t believe it. I’m going to be totally honest with you here. After being coped up in the house for what seemed to be weeks (really only 1 day), I made some bad choices - - aka Peanut M&M’s and Coca-Cola. I’m not even a soda drinker!

I realized what I had done and quickly changed my ways – no more candy and Coca-Cola…or any soda for that matter. I even had control of my eating at our Super Bowl party. Our parties never have a lot of healthy food. But really, I didn’t look at it as a dinner party or eat-fest. I spent more time watching the game and socializing with friends. When I did make my way out to the kitchen, I ate more veggies than anything else. I had the best whole wheat veggie wrap too. I’ll share the recipe if and when I get it.

Now as far as exercise, it was nearly non-existent this week. I did pick up a few workout DVDs from the library. I gave each of them a quick try and that was it. I know that working out is going to be my turning point. It’s getting there that’s the hard part. My goal is to do at least 30 minutes of exercise 4 days this week.

No comments: