Monday, October 13, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - 10/13/2008

I’m so happy to report that we ate from our menu every night except Friday, which I thought would happen. We went to look at a house (with 3 acres!!) Friday night and were there longer than we had expected. Not bad though!

For date night, we went to Outback Steakhouse. As I mentioned last week, my brother used to be manager at one so we had a Blooming Onion coupon to use. NOTE: Not a good diet food…but I don’t get out for date night much. Our dinner and drinks were awful!! So, I made up for it last night. The Alice Springs Chicken and Sweet Potatoes that I made were a BIG hit with the fiancé!!

I spent one of my soccer nights searching for new recipes...I found some! This week I am trying a few semi-homemade recipes of Sandra Lee’s. There may be one night that we skip out on to have dinner with family that is supposed to be in town this week. If we don’t get together as a whole family (fiancé’s side), then I will invite them over for dinner.

Here’s my plan for this week…

Sunday: Alice Springs Chicken Outback Copycat, Sweet Potato Casserole

Monday: Grilled Chicken Salad (had to change dinner and push everything back a day...we weren't really that hungry)

Tuesday: Enchilada Soup (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Cooking Made Light), Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes

Wednesday: Homemade Sloppy Joes, Beer Battered Onion Rings – fiancé is making dinner - Ended up having leftover Enchilada Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches

Thursday: Burbon Chicken Sandwiches (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade 20-Minute Meals 2), Bayou Bourbon Beans

Friday: Sausage & Peppers Ziti Marinara, breadsticks, salad

Saturday:Cheddar-Beer Chicken (Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Slower Cooker Recipes 2), salad

Sunday: Finger foods - tailgating party possibly adding Little Caesar’s Pizza

Monday: Turkey Breast in Roasted Red Bell Pepper BBQ Sauce(Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Slower Cooker Recipes 2), mashed potatoes

Visit Organized Junkie for other menu plans.

1 comment:

Kristin Joy said...

You have decided a perfect diet plan for you.