Friday, July 23, 2010

In A Slump...

If you haven’t noticed, over the past couple months I have been in this unmotivational slump. I haven’t exercised, keep track of my points, or even try to lose weight. I haven’t posted anything regarding my weigh in since November ’09. I am in desperate need of some motivation. I would really like to get the rest of the weight off.

The 1st half of this year has been very stressful to say the least. Some things are getting better while others remain unchanged. I anxiously await the day my co-worker turns in her resignation! She’s been saying for 7 months (at least) that she was moving. That day can’t get here quick enough! I am attempting to find another job since it seems like she’ll be sticking around a while. I think that’s the biggest stressor in my life right now. I’ve gotten myself in a better financial position (even though I didn’t get any of the promotions I was promised – due to management changing 4 times in 4 months).

Nothing seems to be getting me out of this slump. I need help! What motivates you?

Here’s where I stand… I had lost nearly 35 pounds last year (prior to being hit with a LOT of stress). I have since gained that weight back. Last week, I was watching what I ate…not really tracking it and made sure I ate breakfast everyday. I lost 2.0 pounds. There are many more that need to come off but I guess that’s a start. I need to get the motivation to stick with it and to get to exercising again. I have a 5K that I will be running in September and another in November. I really need to get back to running so I can work towards beating the time of my first 5K (November’s race is the same course).

I will be back to report my progress - hopefully weekly.

No comments: