Friday, April 16, 2010

Checking In

While I had a free minute, I thought I would post a quick update. I have signed up for my first 5K! It sounds exciting, huh? I’m excited, anxious and rather nervous. We’ll see how well I do being that I haven’t ran since Thanksgiving Day. My hope is that this race will bring back the motivation that I need.

Along with that, I’ve rejoined Weight Watchers. I think that will help in getting back in shape and taking the weight off. Notice that I did not say “lose weight”… I don’t want to “lose weight” anymore. It’s just like everything else – if you lose it, you usually end up finding it again. I don’t want to find my weight again so I’m going to take it off this time.

Last, I’ve finally got my schedule changed. I will have more free time in the afternoon rather than just go from work to baseball/football practice, home to cook dinner, do laundry and get the kids ready for bed. I’ll have some “extra” time as I see it right now. Sooner or later, it won’t be “extra” time and I’ll be asking for more!

No comments: