Thursday, September 24, 2009

What's there to eat?

The last two weeks have been very busy; therefore, I didn’t menu plan. I did have an idea of what we would have for dinner or at least what was available. It’s worked for us. We’ve only ate dinner out once a week which is what we plan for each week.

This week I had my menu ready but didn't get it posted for Menu Plan Monday so here it is as What's there to eat?!?! I get that line from my kids quite often - more than you would imagine.

This week should be pretty normal. We are in a routine with school back in session and the almost-every-night football practices. I’m hoping to prep all or most of the food prior to the work week starting.

This week I’m planning my breakfast and lunches for the work week as well as our dinners. A couple weeks ago, I wrote about changing my eating schedule to every 2-3 hours and making sure I eat breakfast rather than just drink it (my Iced Cappucino addiction). This worked – my hunger levels were balanced. I’m no longer starved when I walk in the door from work. I’ve also been trying to rid myself of my Iced Cappucino addiction.

Breakfast

1. Special K Blueberry cereal, Fat Free/Skim Milk, banana
2. Egg white omelet w/mushrooms, peppers and onions, ¾ cup strawberries
3. Special K Protein Meal Bar – Chocolate Peanut Butter (2x)
4. Whole Wheat Bagel with Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese


Lunch (includes my afternoon snack)
1. Garden salad w/Light Honey Mustard, Progresso Light Santa Fe Style Chicken Soup, 1 ½ cup Strawberries, Fiber One Key Lime Pie Yogurt, Sugar Free Fat Free Dark Chocolate Pudding
2. Turkey Sandwich, 1 ½ cup strawberries, 1 cup grapes, Fiber One Strawberry yogurt, Special K Chocolatey Pretzel Cereal Bar
3. Chicken Flatbread, 1 cup pineapple, 1 ½ cup strawberries, Dannon Banana Yogurt, Sugar Free Fat Free Dark Chocolate Pudding
4. Turkey Sandwich, Soup, 1 ½ cups strawberries, Fiber One Key Lime Pie Yogurt, Sugar Free Fat Free Dark Chocolate Pudding

Dinner

1. Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken, mashed potatoes, Broccoli, grilled pineapples
2. Cheeseburgers and/or hot dogs, fries
3. Crockpot Santa Fe Chicken
4. Seasame Grilled Chicken, Rice, Salad
5. BBQ Pork Sandwiches, cole slaw

No comments: